Monday, July 31, 2017

MIRACLES ARE REAL: GOD LOVES US.

Hola mi amado amigos y familia. 
I HAD A GREAT WEEK. IT WAS SO HARD BUT SO SO GOOD.
Lunes we had to spend alot of time inside because of Hermana Miranda´s ankle. One of the Elders in our District  fell and hurt is ankle too while playing sports with the district this week, so we pretty much decided as a district to not play sports together since its too dangerous for us haha. 
We had a pretty average week at the beginning. Lunes, Martes, Miércoles, Jueves. Taught lots of lessons and contacted a bunch. Our investigator, Maria de los Ángeles, who was supposed to get baptized this week is having trouble getting permission from her parents. We´re talking with her Mom again today to hopefully set the fecha. So we're praying alot for her because Maria has been coming to church for a year and is so ready to be baptized. 
We had Divisiones with the Hermanas Lideres Viernes and that was an awesome experience. I learned A TON that day. One of the Hermana Lideres has a guitar and apparently the while mission knows I can sing ( I don't know know how that happens but everyone asks me to sing and its like the first thing people say when they meet me. Hermana Howe I heard you sing really really beautifullly)
So that was way fun. The rest of the day I was split off with Hermana Narveres, one of the Hermana Lideres. We contacted I don't know how many people. It was crazy. And really fun! She let me do alot of the talking. Which was scary but I did it. I've found you just sort of have to speak honestly. Justopen your mouth and hope Spanish, understandable Spanish, comes out. The Spirit is 100% doing all of the talking and understanding most of the time. When I don't rely on the Spirit, I definitely see a difference. THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL. With Hermana Naveres I also taught a lesson and that was one of the times I felt most comfortable teaching the Plan de Salvation. ( For some reason that lección is so hard for me to teach but its getting alot easier) It was a super good day.
Sábado. BAPTISM.
You read that right. We had a baptism. Cute little 8 year old Anghelo was baptized. It didnt count as an Investigator Baptism but we taught him all the lessons and I think helped reactivate his mom so it was still an amazing day.. 
This family is one of my favorites. Such cute kids. Abby who is 6 taught me songs with hand games in Spanish and that was way fun. Now everytime she sees me she makes sure I remember them. She also always wonders why I almost always have a band-aid on my finger. ( If you were around me this past year you know that this is a thing. I get cut so easily). The baptism was so beautiful. Me and Hermana Miranda sang "Cuando me Bautice" and it was really good :)
Then Domingo.
Fam. God is truly preparing the hearts of the people here. Like wow. We had a Miracle at church. Marco. Marco had taken the first two lessons with other Hermanas. He then moved.
He then showed up to church all by himself. No member or missionary. He just knew that he needed to go to church because he fully believed this is the true church (Which is true yo sé que la Iglesia ge Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días es la Iglesia verdadera en la tierra). SO Mosíah introduced us to him and we just started asking him how he felt about the church. He told us all about how he knew Joseph Smith was a prophet and this is the Church of Christ. We taught him el Evangelio de Jesucristo and challenged him to be Baptized on 12 de August. And he accepted and hes really excited. He gave the último oración and it was a real conversation with God. You could feel his testimony in the prayer. It was beautiful.
We have two baptisms set for the 12 de August :) 
Mariana y Marco :)
I love these people.
And I love this gospel. 
Yall are great. Keep being amazing :)
Until we meet again next Pday.
Hermana Howe❤
Ps
Just wanted to let you all know. I listened to Christmas mucis while writing this, Is it too early to be excited for Christmas?

Fotos :)
1-Me and Abby. I love this little girl.
2-ANGHELO. The first person I ever challenged for Baptism all baptized
3-The volcano Chachani Its probably my favorite SO PRETTY (you can also see all the Peruvian flags that every single house had for the Independence day of Peru this week) 






No comments:

Post a Comment