HOLA my beloved friends and family!!!!!
This week was a crazy roller coaster full of hurt ankles, earthquakes, different companions, and new foods.
It all started Monday playing soccer with our district. Within the first 4 minutes of playing, Hermana Miranda fell and hurt her ankle. Like really bad. And so we spent all of that P-day resting (And watching Charly IN ENGLISH which was awesome). That night there was an earthquake too and that was a very new experience for me. I was just sitting there studying and suddenly the whole house started shaking. It was crazy. SO yeah that Monday was fun.
The next day Hermana Miranda wasn't allowed to walk. So I went out with one of the Hermanas in the trio in our ward, Hermana Torres. Honestly that day was the hardest day of my whole mission. I got lost a little because Hermana Torres didn't know the area and I'm still new to this. I also had to do alot of talking because Hermana Torres decided that she would help with my training and say almost nothing and have me do all the talking. I'm almost to the point where I can do that but I felt really thrown in to it and IT WAS SO HARD. And alot of our appointments fell through that day which was also frustrating. But that day I realized I cannot do this alone. I need the Lord´s help with every step. Because with out him, I could not do this. Not ever.
The next couple of days Hermana Miranda could kind of walk so we walked really slow to appointments and contacted people. We also had interviews with President Johnson which were WAY GOOD. He helped me remember that I can do this!
We almost had a baptism this week too. Which was crazy and kind of a long story but she couldn't get her parents approval so that didn't happen :( but its ok because God has a plan.
Maria de los Ángeles might be getting baptized this week. We really don't know. Its been difficult but we´ll see what happens. She really wants to be baptized and has been investigating the church for a year now.
The rest of the week was better. Alot of our investigators are progressing very well and they´re all really great.
The other Hermanas in the ward had a baptism this week and we went to that and I just love the Spirit at Baptisms. Its so beautiful. I can´t wait to help someone make the decision to make that covenant with God.
Lastly yesterday for lunch, the Chavez family who we live with, had all the Hermanas over and we had RABBIT. Which was a new experience. Saturday night they were cleaning it and it was so gross and after seeing that I didn't know if I could eat it the next day. But I did. And it tastes just like chicken so it wasn't bad.
One thing I learned this week that I´d like to share is that the word Repent in.. Greek? (oops forgot the language) in a different language denotes a change of heart or a conversion. SO repenting isn't just oh I'm sorry. Its a real change. It require alot of work.
So thats my week.
I hope yall are doing awesome!
I love yall and I love this work even when its hard :)
Until next P-day
Hermana Howe <3

No comments:
Post a Comment