Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Spanish of a Two Year Old and MIRACLES.

HOLAAAAAA!! 
I´m still alive, HEALTHY and happy!!!
Seriously you could not wipe the smile off of my face. I LOVE THIS PLACE. This area is so so pretty!! So many mountains and volcanos. Way pretty. The sunsets are so so pretty. The people are all so kind and wonderful. Since me and Hermana Miranda both knew nothing about the area and knew no one in the ward except the family that we live with (Who are super great and make the BEST food) We spent the first night out with one of the members Mosíah who introduced us to a bunch of members and helped us figure out all the streets and everything. We´ve had a member go to almost every single lesson with us. Which has been an AWESOME blessing. They all have super strong testimonies. I am still a lost little puppy with Spanish but I´m learning more and more everyday and it´s getting alot better. We were at the ward mission leaders house and their 4 year old son said a prayer and I was like I pray like a 2 year old because It was such an amazing prayer. SO my language skills are at like the level of a 2 year old but its okay. I´m getting better.
Speaking of dogs, they are everywhere. On the roads, in every single house, on the roofs of houses. Dogs Taxis and Buses that barely stop when someone wants to get off. That´s what you see everywhere you turn. One night we were out going to an appointment  and on one of the streets every single house had like 3 dogs on top of it. And like 15 dogs were barking at us from the roof. It was so loud and Hermana Miranda still continued to try and contact this family in the middle of the street even though you couldn't hear anything over the dogs barking. We have like 10 people who we are teaching the lessons to and we have one with a baptism date! We have 4 others committed to be baptized they just don't have dates yet. We have been working non stop for the past week and its been a blast! I've gotten way good at the Restoration lesson because we teach it to almost everyone we see. The people here are really amazing. Lots of them have been so prepared. Their hearts are ready and open.
One of my favorite stories from this week happened yesterday. Now we have defintely had alot of miracles but this one really shows that God can answer prayers.
We invited so many people to church and we were even picking up some of them to take them. The only one who didnt fall through and not come to church with us was Anhgelo, who is an 8 year old boy of a very less active family that we´re helping prepare for his baptism (His baptism doesn´t count as a convert baptism but We got permission to help him prepare for his baptism. He´s super adorable so its fun teaching him!)
So all of the other people didnt come to church, so me and Hermana Miranda still prayed that somone would come to church and be ready to taught.
One of the Young Woman, Natali, in ward came and found us after sacrament meeting was like HEY so there is this old investigator of the church who just came into young womens and hasnt been baptized yet but shes super interested in taking the lessons again. You need to talk to her. 
So we did and we have an appointment for tomorrow. She said shes really thought about Baptism! 
MIRACLE.
Ive had so many oppurtinites to sing and share my talents. So thats been really awesome.
My spanish is better when Im singing haha.
Its been a super great week and so much has happened! I love being a missionary and I feel God´s love for all of these people. I love having the oppurtunity to be a missionary.
God loves yall and so do I <3
Until next P-Day
Hermana Howe<3
PS
My apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes in this. Spelling in English is getting ROUGH also the spanish keyboard is no help haha love yall <3

No comments:

Post a Comment