Friday, October 13, 2017

Tacna is the best :)

Guys.
 This week was full of hard work. SO much contacting. Lots of prayers to find those that are ready for this gospel. So much Spanish. ( I have this goal to not talk with the other North Americans in English, its not working out super well but I'm trying) But I LOVE it here in Tacna. The people are so humble and loving. In every house we go to they feed us (I really am praying to not put on weight because everyone says that in Tacna that's what happens. So we'll see what happens.)
We have alot of people that we're teaching. Lots of teenage girls The elders, have given us LOTS of references of teenage girls. And these girls are SO prepared and want to make these changes in their lives. Its awesome to get to teach them and invite them to come unto Christ. Thankful for the Elders in our ward and their really awesome references.
We also had a practice emergency route to the chapel just in case we have an earthquake. And guys IT'S SO FAR. the chapel we have to walk to takes almost an hour to get to. So that was a fun morning. We raced the Elders there. But they won :(
This week, I had a cool experience with Prayer that I'd like to share.
We have this reference from the Elders. Shes an 18 year old that is apparently really awesome. We've tried like a million times to try and teach her but shes never home. Her name is Luz.
 So after we planned our Day on I think it was Wednesday. I prayed that we would be able to find Luz and be able to teach her.
We went to her house and she wasn't there. 
I was a little sad. But then Hermana Batallanes had the impression to stop and go back and talk to a woman we saw earlier who was in a wheelchair.
So we went back and talked to her. Guys shes the humblest sweetest person in the world. She told us that she has very strong desires to go to church and loves to read the word of God.
And guess what her name is.
Luz.
It wasn't the same Luz that I had prayed for initially. But it really taught me that God will always answer our prayers even when its not in the way that we thought it would be. He will always answer us and help us when we need it.

This week was really good :) I love this gospel and I LOVE being a missionary 
I love yall <3
Much love from Tacna Peru <3
Have a good week 
Until we meet again next P-day
Hermana Howe

Alma 29:9


FOTOS
1-me and hermana batallanes at this HUGE yard sale type thing (I need to learn how to spell words in Spanish because I know how to say them in Spanish) but this place is like a huge thrift store and almost everything is from the US. I saw lots of stuff i used to have as a kid. Also saw someone with an Auburn Sweatshirt so that was crazy. 
2-I thought this hat was funny. Grits lol.
3-Me and a Moose Hat. Livin it up in Tacna Peru






No comments:

Post a Comment