Wednesday, October 25, 2017

English and Earthquakes

Hola mi amigos :)
This week was a BLAST.
Started off the week with a nice earthquake at 2 am. 
It was really really strong. And I didnt know what was going on and it was so early in the morning. Luckily there wasnt any damage and we were all ok. We had like a million people text and call us to make sure that we were ok. So we didnt get alot of sleep that night.
The next day we had A MULTI-ZONE CONFERENCE and it was SO GOOD. President Johnson is hilarious and it made us all want to go out and work hard. I also sang Savior Redeemer of My Soul/ Called to Serve in Spanish and it went well. Thanks to Elder Law who played the Piano for me. Hes INCREDIBLE. He changed the whole song and made it like a million times prettier. It was awesome to get to work with him.
We then had our District Meeting that night. It was weird to have it at night but we had it at night because during the Peru Soccer games there is NO ONE in the streets and no one wants to talk to us. It was a super fun district meeting. We have English Class for the Latinos every meeting and right now our English Leader, Elder Anderson, is HILARIOUS. He says everything in English even though it always confuses the Latinos. He starts of every class by yelling ''ITS A GOOD DAY'' and asks everyone why its a good day.
This English Class the Latinos had to present themselves in English so all week the week before Hermana Batallanes and I were practicing her introduction. I taught her how to say ''y'all'' and it was SO FUNNY when she said it in her presentation. Because our district is 87% gringos so they all laughed and were like Hermana Howe is definitely your companion. It was super fun.

The rest of the week was awesome!! We're finding lots of people that are prepared for this gospel. 
We run into the Elders every single day still (even on P-day when we weren't in the area we ran into them)
I sang ''Soy un Hijo de Dios'' for the Baptism of the Elders and that was fun- They asked me during the baptismal service if I could sing.  I like being able to share my talent and helping to bring the spirit through song.

God truly prepares people. One of our Investigators, Pamela. is AWESOME. She had a boyfriend who was a member and she got to know the church through him. But they broke up but she was still interested in the Church. So shes been waiting to find Sister Missionaries in her area. And we some how ended up sitting next to each other on the bus one day. And we talked and She was so excited to find us!! She also invites all her friends to listen to our lessons and they're all super interested in the Church!! 
God has planted seeds here :)
I love getting to be in this work and help others come unto Christ. 
I love yall
Have a great week :)
Until we meet again next P-day
Hermana Howe <3
DyC 112:10


FOTOS
1- Arch of Tacna. Pretty cool right.
2-THESE ARE SO COOL. They have lots of animals like this here and its so cool!!
3- Just waiting for my ''Tú'' ;)  but He can wait 13 months. 





No comments:

Post a Comment