Tuesday, November 7, 2017

God Protects His Missionaries

Hola Mi familia y Amigos,

It's taken me a long time to figure out what to say to y'all this week. This week was the scariest hardest week of my life.
I had an emergency transfer to Arequipa this past week. 
I had an experience that I think changed my whole life. 
I just want y'all to know that I am SAFE. I have really great leaders here in the mission that helped me alot.
We were robbed in the street and it was a very traumatic experience for me. 
But like I said I have awesome leaders. So the Zone Leaders came and they read Doctrine and Covenants 122 with us. It was really powerful. 
It says 
´´ If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea.
...know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.´´

Yes this experience was hard but sometimes we just gotta go through it.

So after this experience, I was immediately transferred to Arequipa (I flew in a plane which was a really interesting mid-mission experience)
I was then put in a trio with 2 hermana leaders from Utah and that was so fun! They really helped me to try and get over the thoughts and feelings. 
I never thought that something like this would happen on my mission. 
This week was cambios so I now have a new companion. Shes also from Argentina. Her name is Hermana Cruz and shes way cool.

I have a strong testimony, That our Heavenly Father loves us. And sometimes we might not always understand what happens to us. But I know that I was protected and that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

My Dad just sent me this quote and its so true. 
´´We cannot control all that happens to us, but we have absolute control over how we respond to the changes.  —W. Christopher Waddell´´

It´s gonna be hard. But I know that God has a plan and all things will work out for our good.

I love yall so much.
Thank you for your prayers and your love
Until we meet again next p-day
Hermana Howe <3

Fotos <3
1-The best district ever. Miss these Elders 
2-The last doughnut with Hermana Batallanes. Yall these doughnuts are so good and only cost 1 sole. 
3-Our Super Awesome Trio of Gringas. Hermana Wood, Hermana Poulson and I. We lowkey didn't want to stop being a trio. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment