Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Come so far, but got so far to go!

HELLO FROM THE CCM!
Just one more week here at the CCM and then I´m out in the field. Which is insane YAY. This week was way good!! I finally started feeling better and we did some cool stuff.
Hit one month out in the mission which is INSANE. Feel like I´ve been here for three years though.
It was a pretty normal week and then Saturday came.
PROSELYTING.
Honestly before we went out I was freaking out. I was so scared.
But IT WAS SO AMAZING!
So they drove us out to part of the Lima East mission and they split us off.
My companion was Hermana Loor and she was so AMAZING! She was from Spain and she was so nice!! She started me right off talking to everyone in the street. The first person we talked to was so nice actually most of the people we talked to were nice. They all stopped to listen and talk to us. I started off really really nervous with the language and I didn't know what I was doing so we pulled off the side at one point and I said a prayer just to get the Spirit and my Spanish flowing.
It was such an amazing experience. The Spirit was so strong that whole day.
The streets are so different here. Everything is so different here. (Supposedly Arequipa is nicer than Lima though so it won't be exactly the same experience. I'm excited though).
It was truly a humbling experience to be out there with these people that have almost nothing. But they were so open to listening to my broken Spanish prayers and testimony.
I was able to teach this one girl a short lesson and also taught her some English.
(so many people here want to learn English)
So I taught her how to say Hello How are you and what is your name. It was way fun!
We taught her how to pray and it was just a very spiritual experience and I'm sad I'll never get to see her again.
I could pretty much understand alot of the Spanish that was said to me
I have come a long way but I got so far to go.
I loved having that experience and I´m way excited to see all that can happen in the mission field!
Only one week left here at the CCM.
Gonna make it count.
God loves yall and I love yall!
The gospel is so true and I love PERU. ( haha hope you love my cheesy rhyme)
<3
Adios friends and Family
Until we meet again next PDAY
-Hermana Howe-
PS all the missionaries in the CCM have started to pronounce my name as (OW-AY)
so that is way fun haha

1 All of the Hermanas in the CCM. Love them all so much <3
2 LAST TEMPLE PHOTO :( No more temple for 17 months :(




No comments:

Post a Comment